Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Feast for Beasts!

This was definitely my most filling and tastiest meal so far. It was a marinated portobello mushroom, and I decided to stuff it with broccoli mash and top with the ragout. FABULOUS.
I could barely eat the whole thing, but of course I had room for dessert
...

Mango Cobbler! This was the beginning of my cobbler creations. I will always have raw cobbler in my life now.

RECIPE TIME
Spiced Fruit Cobbler:
1 cup raw almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 cup medjool dates
2 cups of fruit or berries
drizzle of agave nectar (optional)

In a blender or food processor pulse together the almonds and the spices. Slowly add the dates until all mixed together.

Press the mixture into the bottom of a casserole or cobbler dish and set aside. In a bowl, mix the sliced fruit with a drizzle of agave nectar or if you have leftover dates, blend the dates with water and coconut oil to create a caramel sauce. Pour the fruit over the crust that you have already created and voila! Raw cobbler!

enjoy with love <3

No comments:

Post a Comment