Monday, July 11, 2011

Raw at home!

Usually I just have a salad with fruit on the side, but this time I topped off my kale salad with a Garden Pate from my raw cook book called Ani's Raw Food Kitchen made with sunflower seeds, carrots, and miso :) The perfect filler for any raw meal. It was ROCKIN!

The simplest and most satisfying breakfast or snack is raw cereal. I chopped up nuts such as almonds and walnuts, goji berries, chopped bananas, frozen blueberries, and home made coconut or almond milk. yuuuumsters. You can create any cereal you like with any kind of combination of fruits and nuts.

Recipe for raw almond milk:

1/2 cup of raw almonds
4 or 5 cups of purified water
1/2 vanilla pod seeds (optional)
1/2 cup of dates for sweetness (optional)

Blend in a blender until milky. Strain through a mesh strainer, cheesecloth, or nut milk bag into a jar or pitcher.

Now isn't that tasty? Add some raw cacao powder to make it chocolate almond milk ;D
VOILA!

-Nattykat <3

2 comments:

  1. that;s the secret to raw almond milk? also gonna try it! question... with the left over chunks you can eat them right? it's a shame to throw them away

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! of course! I have a tip (I should post this) Use the left over pulp to full a papaya and drizzle with agave for a nutritional breakfast or filling snack.

    ReplyDelete