Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Post certification meals!

After my raw chef certification I went to my old home in Arizona to "uncook" for my mom. I want to heal my mother's condition using the power of living raw foods so I made her food everyday before I left.
Here is my documentation of the food I made for us.

Beginning process to making raw cream of broccoli soup. I had to snap a shot of these adorable little organic avocados from Trader Joes.
Easy light lunch on a hot Arizona day in Spring. Raw soup and collard wrap. The collard wrap recipe will be posted below :)

My favorite meal we made in my classes! A raw chili made out of bulgur wheat instead of meat or beans. It was way more satisfying than any chili I've ever had but it is a recipe only reserved for those who take the class since it is a complicated recipe. So let me make it for you or come take a raw foods class from me ;)

DESSERT...
This was my little creation! I call it a raw coco-mango cupcake. I made a date nut "batter" and a lemon  and mango cashew-cream with flaked coconut. The result was so yummy, and it makes a great breakfast too!


Collard Wrap:
-Collard Leaves
-Sliced Mushrooms
-Sliced Onions
-Julienned Zucchini
-Julienned Carrots
-Extra virgin olive oil
-Tamari, braggs liquid aminos, or nama shoyu

Marinate the onions and the mushrooms in the olive oil and tamari for about 10 minutes or until soft. Take a collard leaf and cut off the hardest part of the stem. Layer some of the mushroom-onion mixture in the leaf along with the julienned veggies. Fold in the ends and roll length ways, like a wrap. Cut in half and serve!


No comments:

Post a Comment