Friday, August 10, 2012

Cru in Silver Lake!

I lucked out on a Gather Green coupon for Cru $20 for $40 worth of food. SO WORTH IT.

I have always wanted to go, but it never seemed to be the right time. Also the dishes are a little pricey so I thought it's a date kind of place ;)

I invited my boyfriend to go with me (he agreed since I was buying) and it was definitely not a disappointment.

He got the raw lasagna and a basil limeade.
Such a beauty, right?

I was much more impressed with my dish ;)
I was releasing so many endorphins by eating this. The filling was a cashew cheese and mushroom, and the jicama "pasta" was sliced soooo thin that it was as delicate as a noodle.

You guys... If I had my own raw restaurant, this would be the kind of food I would make.
It was light and filling at the same time. And that limeade was so fresh I could taste the sun in it.

After ward we went to the silver lake farmers market right outside there doors and I bought a sandwich bag full of raw mung beans sprouted, and another bag full of alfalfa sprouts. Both for 10 bucks. If you live in the area, I highly recommend going there for their amazing selection of sprouts!!

Here is a salad recipe that I made from the yummy sprouts I bought:

-One handful of alfalfa sprouts
-3 or 4 sliced sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
-1/4 red onion thinly sliced
-1 pink grapefruit segmented (save the juice from the pulp)
-2 tablespoons of sprouted mung beans
-a sprinkle of raw sunflower seeds

Layer all the ingredients on a plate. In a bowl, whisk the grapefruit juice with olive, salt, and pepper, and a splash of water. Pour over salad and VOILA.

This is really great if you wanted something to eat before a workout or if it is devilishly hot outside and you didn't want anything heavy.



No comments:

Post a Comment