Thursday, May 3, 2012

Raw Homemade

I always love coming home with lots of new groceries ready to make lots of yummy raw food dishes. Here is a day I documented full of pics of the meals I prepared for this day. Very easy to make, very affordable, and very yummy to eat!

I woke up and had some water, I didn't eat until I was hungry. I felt hungry in about an hour so I sliced open a papaya and dusted it with ground cardamom. If you are not a fan of papaya, try this method or squeeze some lime juice over it. It makes it taste really sweet and flavorful.
Then for lunch I wanted something light and hearty at the same time, the answer? Raw Taco Salad!
1/2 head of romaine lettuce
1 sliced nor diced avocado
as many green or black olives as you like
a couple slices of red onion
1 roma tomato sliced
1/2 cup of raw taco pate
1/4 cup of raw cashew sour cream

For the raw taco pate, blend together about a cup of walnuts with 1/2 to a whole red bell pepper or tomato, a little yellow onion and garlic and blended in a food processor you have taco "meat"! For the cashew sour cream, blend soaked raw cashews with a few tablespoons of lemon juice in a food processor to make a sour-like cream. It tasted really amazing with all the flavors together, I wasn't hungry for hours!

I did make a little snack after about 3 hours and shared it.
Pesto stuffed mushrooms!
Thats my baby dog Coqueta in the background. I know, she looks the size of a baby bella! Anyway, I made with pesto with basil, sundried tomatoes, olive oil, garlic, and a little bit of arugula for some bite. I marinated the mushrooms in Brags Liquid Aminos and olive oil.
These did not last long...

IT IS TIME...

For dinner!
I had a light dinner since it was pretty late. This is a raw thai coconut soup from the book Rawvolution. (Highly recommend) and I paired it with a celery salad with lots of parsley and diced red onion with a lemon olive oil dressing. Perfecto :D

And the best part of all...
I made raw cupcakes!
Yes, you heard me right, raw cupcakes.
BEHOLD.
This tasted like blondies actually, the sweet with a little bit of caramel saltiness. They were so easy I felt like I was sinning..

For the batter:
1/4 cup of cashews
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tbsp of raw sugar
2-3 pitted dates
1/8 tsp of vanilla extract
A BIG pinch of sea salt

1. Mix first three ingredients into almost a powder in a food processor.
2. Add in dates one at a time until fully incorporated
3. add vanilla and salt

For Frosting, I soaked cashews for 8 hours, blended it with some coconut oil and dates and blend till smooth. I topped each cupcake with raspberry preserves or you can just top it off with a slice of a strawberry or a whole raspberry. SO cute ^.^

No comments:

Post a Comment